Sunday 21 July 2013

Dance hair for extremely short hair - Part II

Welcome to part II of "Dance hair for extremely short hair" Don't forget to check out Part I

This next style is again more traditionally seen used for Bharatanartam but if toned down slightly, with a lower bun, it can also be used for Kathak. It essentially comprises of a bun with a long plait beneath.


As you can see I started again with our trusty old tuft. 


I then added the fake hair which again can be seen on my Southall Haul post. I tied it tightly around the tuft.


I then started to plait the fake hair, I attempted to french plait in some of the actual hair but as you can see it really was too short. I tied a scrunchie in the plait above to show where I added the Paranda. 




At this point the Paranda has been plaited in, I measured it so that the Paranda ended where the fake hair ended. I continued to add more pins to sort out fly away tufts of hair, which would have been more easily tamed with gel. You can also see how the cord from the top of the fake hair is tied back down the plait to secure it. 




And so here is the finished product! I added two lots of flowers around the bun, and then a separate length of flowers twisting down the plait. 

This style is of course best done on long hair, and I shall demonstrate it on long hair in another post. 

Part III coming up!




No comments:

Post a Comment