Sunday 21 July 2013

Dance hair for extremely short hair - Part III

Welcome to Part III of "Dance hair for extremely short hair" Don't forget to check out Part I and II !

This style is typical of Kathak, it's a little over the top because of the fact that it's done with extremely short hair but if short is what you're working with then this is a possibility but to make it secure enough for dance you'd need a lot more pins than I used. The basic idea of this style is extremely simple, it's just a low bun with flowers around it.


I started by tying the cord of the fake hair at the top of the head, this is where an awful lot of pins would be needed, or even perhaps clip-in hair extensions.

I left the fringe out of the cord so that I could fold it back over to cover the cord. Again black clips here would have been better. 

So this is then what you're left to work with. Pins and gel are the only ways to do something with all the short hair. 


I then used a doughnut to create a bun with the fake hair. I used the rolling down method which can be seen here How to do a simple hair doughnut. Then I added a hair net. The hair net was actually smaller than the bun but bun pins solved that issue ;) A hair net isn't essential but I think it looks neater, the first of the pictures above is with the net, the second without. The short hair on the rest of the head can of course be neatened with gel or hair spray. 


Here is the final product with flowers wrapped around the bun. Pretty simple really! 

Part IV coming up!




No comments:

Post a Comment