Sunday 21 July 2013

Dance hair for extremely short hair - Part IV

Welcome to Part IV of "Dance hair for extremely short hair" the final part of this 4-part series. Don't forget to check out Part I, II and III!

This style is one less often seen, some schools of dance use it more than others and it is typically used for Bharatanatyam or Kuchipudi, generally when portraying Goddess Durga or Kali. I still don't have any proper flowers so the way I've done it is a little unconventional using what I have.


Again we start with the trusty tuft, which at this point is starting to look like a chimney sweep...


I then tied the fake hair to the tuft and created a bun with the tuft. The bun can be made by using a small hair doughnut as demonstrated in Part I, or you can simply fold the hair back over the hair band and secure with another hair band and pins. 


I then added flowers around the bun, and some large clips. The clips are needed to have something to build the next lot of flowers onto.

In this photo you can see how I started to wrap the flowers around. Of course this does require lots of pins but if I had the proper flowers it would have been much easier.


Voilà! The finished product! 

Hopefully you enjoyed this hair series, I'm planning a few more with different hair lengths so stay tuned!

Until the next time, 
Happy Dancing!


No comments:

Post a Comment